There are several transfer paths a student may choose to follow including transfer from a 2-year college to a 4-year institution or from one 4-year school to another.
Doing College has helped many students understand and access the transfer path options for:
- California’s Community College System and the University of California campuses
- California’s Community College System and the California State University campuses
- Private colleges and universities throughout the nation and abroad
In an initial working session, Doing College reviews a student’s academic and social history and helps to establish concrete college and career goals. Subsequent counseling sessions will accomplish the following objectives:
- Identify which transfer path(s), private and/or public, is right for you
- Provide a specific plan for the transfer process focused on the student’s particular interests and needs coupled with the transfer school requirements
- Develop a transfer college list balanced by admission probability
- Provide an organizing session to establish admission requirements and set a timeline
- Provide full guidance for essay development and completion of transfer applications
“Working with Elizabeth was a great experience. My son was a student at Cal Poly and decided to change majors since he was struggling with his major. He attended a community college to improve his grades and determine what major would be best for him. By the time he improved his grades, the schools in California were impacted by the state’s financial crisis and he had no idea how to get back into any school.
I contacted Elizabeth to review the situation and she quickly assessed that she could help. She met with my son and reviewed his transcripts and suggested he apply to CSU schools. She even contacted and put my son in touch with transfer counselors at Cal State East Bay and SF State. He was then able to take charge. He even was motivated enough to get on line for community college coursework registration at 4am one morning to ensure he would get the classes he need to transfer! That would never have happened without Elizabeth’s proactive and positive approach.
My son has been accepted to SF State in the spring. Without Elizabeth’s guidance I truly believe Richard would not be back in school with a bright future in business.”
San Francisco State University